OUR MAIN OFFICE
PREVENTIVE HEALTH MEASURES: Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
ANDEAN ADVENTURES PERU has implemented the sanitary and operational preventive measures established in official protocols, in accordance with the conditions and guidelines for Personal Protection Measures designed by Peru’s Ministry of Health. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is used by all our staff in positions that involve risk of exposure to COVID- 19.
We have established training in biosecurity protocols, health information and advice, cleaning and disinfection of all environments, and personalized care of our travelers and guests, for:
- Our office team and cleaning staff;
- Our operations staff, tour guides, drivers and representatives;
- Our field staff: tour guides, cooks, porters, and auxiliary support staff.
Our company’s procedures are based on the guidelines published by the Peruvian government and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Reservations, sales and administration
- We have reviewed and modified (where necessary) all our itineraries to avoid excursions with a high number of participants.
- The operating of our programs is conducted using our own buses, exclusive to our travelers.
- We have adjusted our terms and conditions to make them more flexible and offer our travelers and partners the possibility to modify or postpone their bookings as a result of the Covid-19 health emergency.
Our facilities and services at our main office
- The capacity of our main office complies with physical distancing guidelines, maintaining at least 1.5 meters between staff and guests.
- Client access and provider access areas have been established separately, with all sanitary facilities correctly signposted.
- We have implemented a hand sanitizer station at the entrance to our office and within our building.
- We use electronic temperature measuring devices and oximeters.
Cleaning and disinfection, use of office space
- At the entrance to our offices we have devices for the disinfecting of footwear.
- Our offices are equipped to comply with the “new normal”.
- With labelled garbage containers, with flip-top covers, for the disposal of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (masks, gloves, etc.).
- Plastic bags for waste, tied with double knots and sprayed with a disinfectant solution for subsequent disposal.
- We have established stations for hand washing, with water, liquid soap, disinfectant soap and paper towels, in addition to alcohol (gel and liquid).
- We have established the periodicity for disinfection of workstations.
- We have established the periodicity for cleaning and disinfection of all high traffic environments and surfaces that come into contact with staff and guests.
- We have established storage areas for cleaning and disinfection equipment and materials.
- We have established temporary storage areas for clients’ luggage and other belongings, taking into consideration the disinfection of all surfaces.
Our team of professionals
- Have Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), which they use and maintain in good working order.
- Access to body temperature reading equipment upon arrival at work.
- Must disinfect their footwear when entering our office.
- Comply with the procedures and frequency for hand washing with soap and water or hand sanitizing.
- Are obliged to report any indications of COVID-19 symptoms.
- We prefer and request the use of virtual payment methods (bank transfers, apps, etc.) from both our customers and suppliers.